Wisdom For Success
I have to say at the outset that this segment of the site has nothing to do with watches. It does, however, have everything to do with Integrity, both personally and in business, setting goals and achieving them and generally, rules for success. We take this very much to heart here at Watchmasters & Co. and do our best to practice these every day.
We have many college students visit the site from across the country and around the world. Their questions about Watchmasters & Co. and its success and how Hans Wilsdorf turned his Rolex dream into global success (see The Rolex Story) , have prompted me to add this to the site. Any success story will ultimately be one of passion.
My Grandmother used to tell me when queried about where to go with my life, responded “Never approach life just looking for a good or profitable direction …..instead, look for your passion. When you find your passion in life, (like Hans Wilsdorf) BELIEVE in it, ACT on it. SUCCESS will then be IMPOSSIBLE……to STOP!” She went on to say that the most successful person out there in the world was the one ….. having the most FUN! I have found these two Pearls of Wisdom to be absolutely true.
Watchmasters & Co. and Rolex are my passion as well as the thousands of Rolex friends I have personally made across the U.S.A and in the World. You do not realize what an amazing and diverse group you are! I sincerely thank you all.
I am offering you Ten Rules for Success that I hope you will read and follow as we do. These can also be found in more detail at Investors.com, the website of Investors Business Daily, one of the finest investment publications in the field and certainly my personal favorite
- HOW YOU THINK IS EVERYTHING. Always be positive. Think Success, not failure. Feel it!!. Believe in yourself.
- DECIDE UPON YOUR DREAMS AND GOALS….FIND YOUR PASSION. Write down your goals and develop a plan to reach them.
- TAKE ACTION. Passion and Goals are nothing without action. Just do it!
- NEVER STOP LEARNING. Go back to school, read books, get training and skills. Focus on the Details. Know your environment.
- BE PERSISTENT AND WORK HARD. Success is a marathon…not a sprint. Never give up !! Believe in your Dream and stay focused!!
- LEARN TO ANALYZE DETAILS. Get all of the facts and input. Learn from your mistakes. A mistake made and learned from becomes an Advantage!!
- FOCUS YOUR TIME AND MONEY. Time will ALWAYS be your most valuable asset. It equates to money. Stay focused and make the most of each minute!!
- DON’T BE AFRAID TO INNOVATE…LOOK OUTSIDE THE BOX. Following the Herd leads to certain mediocrity….and the view is not nearly as exciting as a new horizon!! Believe in yourself and your ideas!!
- DEAL AND COMMUNICATE WITH PEOPLE EFFECTIVELY. Study people and personalities and what excites and motivates them. Learn to manage people with heart not a stick.
- BE HONEST AND DEPENDABLE, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. These are the three most important traits in personal and business success…..period. Always tell the truth, do what you say you are going to do and take responsibility in all aspects of your business.
I hope these words will help to inspire you toward finding your Passion, toward setting goals and reaching incredible Success! It is not impossible, it is not even hard. It just takes that first step. It is an incredible journey and one you can take over and over again! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at Watchmasters@Cox.net.
Malcolm Forbes on Education
The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
Walt Disney on Getting Started
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
William Saroyan on Wisdom
Good people are good because they have come to Wisdom through Failure.
Benjamin Franklin on Persistence
Energy and Persistence conquer all things.
Stan Smith on Confidence
Experience tells you what to do, Confidence allows you to do it.
General Omar Bradley on taking action
This is true in everyday life as it is in Battle. We are given one life, and the decision is ours whether to wait for circumstances to make up our mind or whether simply to act and, in acting, to live.
Henry Ford on Teamwork
Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress and working together is Success.
General Colin Powell on Expectations
You only get back what you expect and if your expectations are low, you’ll end low.
Marion B. Jefferson on Acheivement
Aim high and you will hit high.